[ardour-dev] export problems - testers requested

Olivier Doaré nolv at free.fr
Thu May 5 02:59:59 PDT 2005

Hello,

Just tried 44.1kHz->anykHz and 48->44.1 without any problem, with cvs of
May,04.
(see if necessary my config at the end this mail)

Sorry for giving feedback so late, it took me some time to understand
the reasons of another problem i had during export, which prevented me
doing those tests:

If i do an export with other jack clients running (eg jamin), everything
hangs at the end. If I trust what i read on the jackit-devel archives,
it is related to realtime capability problems. You (Paul) also mention
that it might be corrected in recent versions of jack (API changes...).
It seems not. Maybe i did not understand what I read, or I did something
wrong.

I usually run jack like this :
jackstart -R -P89 -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p128 -n2

Note that I have this problem even if i run jackd normally (no RT).
jackd -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p128 -n2

What is the actual state of the art regarding this complex thing?

--
Olivier

PS : Great new theme!

Configuration information:

$jackd -v
jackd 0.99.61

$uname -a
Linux cassis 2.6.10-3.mm.24mdk #1 Tue Apr 12 15:43:37 CEST 2005 i686 AMD
Athlon(tm) XP 2400+ unknown GNU/Linux

$ /lib/libc.so.6
GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.4, by Roland McGrath et al.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Compiled by GNU CC version 3.4.3 (Mandrakelinux 10.2 3.4.3-3mdk).
Compiled on a Linux 2.6.11 system on 2005-03-16.
Available extensions:
        GNU libio by Per Bothner
        crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
        linuxthreads-0.10 by Xavier Leroy
        BIND-8.2.3-T5B
        NIS(YP)/NIS+ NSS modules 0.19 by Thorsten Kukuk
        Glibc-2.0 compatibility add-on by Cristian Gafton
        libthread_db work sponsored by Alpha Processor Inc
Thread-local storage support included.