[ardour-dev] Sucessful exporting!

ross at lug.udel.edu ross at lug.udel.edu
Wed May 4 22:55:26 PDT 2005

Hi Paul,

I meant to run some tests when you asked for export testing - I have a
session that was really reliably able to kill export for a long while.

I downloaded and built 0.9beta29 and I'm still able to crash it.

I will warn you - the session is a bit of a corner case.  I used
Ardour to record a tape set.  The set of tapes is an interview, so I
planed on compressing with Speex at 16khz.

So my session is run at 16kHz.  At the time, I didn't know ardour
didn't support 16kHz export.  I'd have chosen something else.  But
when I try to export any tracks of this session at 22kHz, I get a segfault
after a while.

With previous versions, I was able to export at 44.1kHz, but I'm
trying not to so the sox resampling back to 16kHz doesn't take so
long.

I'm currently making a debug build to get backtraces.  This may not be
a critical bug - I'm probably the only person to ever make a 16kHz
session ::-)

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at lug.udel.edu