[ardour-dev] Send Delay

Jack O'Quin joq at io.com
Mon Mar 21 09:21:32 PST 2005

<eviltwin69 at cableone.net> writes:

> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:14 , Jesse Chappell <jesse at essej.net> sent:
>
>>Jan Depner wrote on Sun, 20-Mar-2005:
>>
>> >    Correctomundo!  JAMin is not a plugin and is not designed for
>> > realtime work.  It is a mastering tool for use post time.  I doubt if it
>> > will ever be made into a plugin as such (at least I think that was
>> > Steve's stand on the matter :)  It's pretty complicated internally.
>>
>>Oh come on Jan!  Jamin is absolutely designed for realtime work.
>>It just doesn't do low-latency work :)
>>

>     I guess you could say that but at the latencies you end up
> getting it hardly makes any sense for real time.

Jesse has a point.  Realtime is not the same as "low latency".

JAMin does meet its realtime deadlines reliably, assuming the CPU is
fast enough to provide the necessary FFT bandwidth.  That's important.
Otherwise we wouldn't be able to route an ardour session through JAMin
to hear the combined results of both mixing and mastering changes.
--
  joq