[ardour-dev] Memory Leak in 0.9.28?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Mar 18 05:09:49 PST 2005

>got it from debian unstable if that will do

sounds OK. the command i'd like you to run is:

       valgrind --tool=massif ardour yoursessionname

you should make sure that JACK is not running in realtime mode before
you do this.

after its complete, look for a file with a name that will match
massif.*.ps, and email it to me. if you have problems, just ask.

FYI, massif is a heap profiler - it tracks memory allocation in a very
nice way, and produces a time-based graph of memory use. I used it to
track down another nasty memory leak, and with massif it took all of 5
minutes.

--p