[ardour-dev] latest CVS commit

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Fri Jan 28 06:12:11 PST 2005

Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com>:
>     * another fix to address issues keeping the track
>        buffers full/empty.

This and yesterdays butler fixes make a big difference. I threw an old
session with 70 48khz mono tracks at it, selected "auto play" and did
wild locates for 10 minutes. The playback buffer hit 0 only twice:

* cron job on the same partition (updatedb/reiser3) and
* when I selected "editor mixer" for the first time.

Before every auto play there is now what seems to be just about the
right amount of buffer filling. The playback buffer is not always close
to 100%. On some auto plays it ranges +-10% around 10 without hitting
the ground though. Is this coincidence or is Ardour now knowing more
about what to expect from disk i/o?

Wolfgang