[ardour-dev] latest CVS commit

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Jan 11 04:19:38 PST 2005

>Quoting Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com>:
>

>>    * when cutting/copying using ranges, reset fades of created
>>         regions so they do not overlap the region boundaries.
>>

>This is a little confusing for me. Are you resetting the "end" of the fade or
>the whole fade?

the fades get reset *only* if they were longer than can fit into the
new region. i was fixing a blatant error, not adding something
subtle. when the reset happens, the fade is set back to the
default. there is one other option - to scale the existing "oversized"
fade to some new length, but i couldn't see any real benefit to that.

if you want to see how this worked before, find a region, give it a
long fade out, define a range selection within the fade, and cut
(ctrl-x).

--p