GtkTreeModel (was Re: [ardour-dev] the development process)

Joshua N Pritikin jpritikin at pobox.com
Sat Jan 8 07:41:35 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 09:21 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> switching all uses of CList and CTree to use the new TreeView widget
> is also a very significant task. there are about 17 such instances in
> gtk_ardour right now. I predict that the first one of these will take
> at least a day to get right, and then it will speed up to maybe 3 per
> day.

<delurk>
For the CLists, I offer a GtkTreeModel I wrote which is nothing more
than a thin layer on top of a GPtrArray like collection.  Background: I
found the demonstration GtkTreeModel rather heavy and difficult to use.
All the lists in my app were already sorted arrays of pointers.  So I
thought, why not just add a TreeModel interface implementation to a
GPtrArray style collection?  So that's what I did.  I don't really know
if this the what you want to do for Ardour, but I'm happy to dig out the
code for your evaluation.
</delurk>

PS. The List-Post: header is screwed up, pointing to the wrong email
address.  You might want to take a look at this.

--
A new cognitive theory of emotion, http://openheartlogic.org