[ardour-dev] Fwd: Re: [ardour-users] Invalid filename

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Jan 7 18:47:02 PST 2005

>I guess I'm not clear why this has to be a problem. Why does Ardour
>need to put this character in file names? What's the purpose?

mark, i am suprised - you more than anyone should know this, since it
was your observations that led to it being added. its there to provide
a clear separator between the filename per se and the "L" and "R"
identifiers that ardour adds when importing the file or creating new
capture files. if someone names their mono track FILL, we get FILL.wav
which could potentially be confused with FILL.wav, the sister of
FILR.wav. So we add a character.

I'll switch to % ...

--p