[ardour-dev] latest CVS commit

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Sun Feb 20 06:10:49 PST 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-20 at 05:03 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Hi Sampo,
>    How will the real world situation of needing to move my session to
> a different audio drive be effected by the use of canonical pathnames?

Ah. I could have explained better what I was doing.

This applies to how ardour searches for sessions. Especially the session
name you give as a command line parameter to start ardour and to load or
create a new a session.

Previously, I had problems using a command:

ardour --new ../TestSession1

This was because the logic in ardour was a bit lacking.

The patch is really just janitorial stuff. Not a real feature.

> I.e. - I do a session on my audio drive (/mnt/audio1/Ardour/XXX) but
> move it to a backup drive to make room for other work.
> (/mnt/audio2/Ardour-Backup/XXX) I then want to open the session just
> to look at it. I need the session to open and find all it's files
> while sitting on the audio backup drive. Can you support this?

>From a quick look at session.ardour files I have lying around, I see no
references to absolute paths. Except for embedded (imported files are
copied, embedded are not) sound files and export file names.

So, if you take these things into account you should be able to move
sessions around your filesystem.

--
Sampo Savolainen <v2 at iki.fi>