[ardour-dev] latest CVS commit

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 20:21:47 PST 2005

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 22:54:54 -0500, Paul Davis
<paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

>    * patch from Sampo to fix several issues with paths, session names
>      etc. Use glibc's canonicalize_file_path() to fix several
>      potential problems. Ron Parker, this one should be for you :)
>
>    * fix hanging-design-assumption thread/race problem with peakfiles.
>      This code was written with the model that the peakfiles got
>      built, then read. When Jesse added dynamic display of the
>      recorded waveform, this assumption was broken, and it became
>      possible for the peakfile reader and writer to interfere with
>      each other via the FILE* used to access the peak data.
>
>      this has been changed to use the ::pread() system call as has
>      always been used with audio regions.

I was recording stereo files last evening and noticed that the left
(upper) portion of the waveform displayed pretty much in real-time,
while the right (lower) seemed to display in chunks about every 5-8
seconds. Is this in any way related to this fix?

Version was whatever the Planet is providing. New, but not CVS.

Ardour was wokring very nicely. I was running Muse, LinuxSampler,
qsampler & Ardour. Everything ran very nicely other than I don't know
how to really get these apps to have a common transport. Export worked
well to 24-bits.

Cheers,
Mark

Thanks,