[ardour-dev] o'reilly

Chris Ross chris at tebibyte.org
Thu Feb 17 03:01:15 PST 2005

Paul Winkler escreveu:
> If you're wondering how many of us would buy an Ardour book from
> O'Reilly, I certainly would. I can't really speak to any
> of the explicit questions he asked.
> I actively use ardour, but not nearly every day, and not for
> anything "pro".

That answer pretty much goes for me too.

Ardour is very useful to enable [our band] to decide in advance exactly
what we're going to record before going into a "proper" studio to record
it. We can send partial mixes round to each other (e.g. via email or
ftp), add, say, a bass part then discuss it online without having to
book rehearsal studio time or even "commute" to each others' houses.

In short, rather than replacing an existing technology the combination
of Ardour and the internet enables us as musicians to do things that
simply weren't possible for us before.

Regards,
Chris R.