[ardour-dev] ardour 0.9beta25 released

ross at lug.udel.edu ross at lug.udel.edu
Tue Feb 8 09:15:21 PST 2005

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 07:49:01AM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
>    * corrected handling of tempo changes in the middle of a bar
>    * the fractional part of time signatures with a fraction is
>        now seen as a shorter beat at the end of a measure
>    * snap to beat-divisions will work in that fraction
>
>     (tested with 6/4 going to 3.1415972/4 with a tempo change on beat 5 going
>      from 60BPM to 3600 BPM yes, you can use ardour's metronome for
>      pulse synthesis)

I have a bizarre question that's bounced around in the back of my head
for a few years...

I once wrote a singe where the time signatures changed with the
decimal digits of pi.  It made me think about writing music whose
temops and times were governed by arbitrary functions that would
output some integer or fraction to make into a time sig.

I'm not asking for this feature ::-).  But am I right in thinking that
if I were ever to hack that feature together, ardour now has the
foundation in place for it?

Thanks for entertaining my strange notions ::-)

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at lug.udel.edu

man in the bonds of Hell."