[ardour-dev] bouncing

Aaron Trumm aaron at nquit.com
Wed Dec 7 22:24:33 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 22:55 -0700, Daniel Tengelsen wrote:
> Does Ardour bounce onto its master?, Or do you have to go strictly to
> outboard gear?  I can't seem to get the tracks to go down onto the
> master being bounced together, which makes it interesting to export as
> a file since there is nothing on the master.  Any suggestions?  I
> would love to hear what you guys can come up with.

I do two things, either:

A) if I'm mixing entirely in ardour, then all I have to do is pick
"export session" from the file menu, and it will export the mix the way
I've set it up, automation, plugins and all.

B) if I'm mixing on an outcomputer (I didn't say outboard for historical
reasons ;) ) digital mixer, which is normally the case, I take the main
stereo digital out from the mixer back into my RME card's spdif input,
into a new stereo track in ardour.  this is my normal MO these days.