[ardour-dev] I lost the rec button bind when saving a template

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Sat Apr 16 16:26:28 PDT 2005

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:51:15 +0200
Christophe Combelles <ccomb at free.fr> wrote:

> 2) I have difficulties to have a reliable bind for play/stop/fwd/rew
> with the bcf2000 (upgraded to firmware 1.07; BTW, I could successfully
> upgrade the firmware under Debian, the win32 tool from behringer works
> perfectly under Wine, if libwine-alsa is installed!)
> - Ctrl-middle click doesn't work
> - with the learn mode of bcf2000 it doesn't work either
> - and with the edit mode -> program to MMC/play, MMC/stop etc..., it's
> not very reliable too.
> Has anyone been able to reliably bind the transport buttons ?

I have.  A problem with the MMC stuff was just fixed in a very, very
recent CVS commit (ardour 0.587.1 and lib 0.886.1).

I also found it necessary to reprogram things a bit on the BCF since
none of the presets were quite right.  I started with P2, the simple
mixer, but made the rotary pushbuttons 1-8 be CC33 to CC40.  The
two rows of buttons below the rotarys get CC65-80.

I'm working on a Wiki entry for this but feel free to let me know if I
can hyelp before I get it out.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com