[ardour-dev] Another memory leak in current cvs

David Mulcahy eseol at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Apr 15 09:06:59 PDT 2005

On Friday 15 April 2005 16:13, Paul Davis wrote:
> >trying with valgrind but the dsp hits 100% almost straight away (even on a
>
> totally normal.
>
> >small session any mouse movement pushes dsp load up pretty high) and if i
> > try anything ardour gets disconnected from jack (even running non
> > realtime) and
>
> be sure to increase the client timeout to a very large value. 10000 is
> good.
>
> >although valgrind memory consumption grows (to 92.2% when i close the
> >session) I dont think it hits the point to trigger the memory leak - the
> >graph seems to indicate no leak anyway.
>
> try it again with the larger client timeout.
>
> --p
I can recreate it without valgrind (in fact as i am writing this the memory is
increasing and againn this is on the command line

zombified - calling shutdown handler
no space in GUI request buffer for thread 3055610800
no space in GUI request buffer for thread 3055610800
no space in GUI request buffer for thread 3055610800

but I cannot get it with valgrind.  My subsystem (or something like that) is
too slow

I will continue to try though

Dave