[ardour-dev] gain automation problem?

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Mon Apr 11 15:53:02 PDT 2005

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:35:36 -0700
"Aaron Trumm" <aaron at nquit.com> wrote:
> I have been meaning to ask about this - in beta28 is there a known bug where
> when you enable gain automation, no sound is output?

Not quite like that, but I had a bad time using gain automation yesterday
while mixing a session.

Usually, it was grabbing a point and trying to move it that would freeze
X completely for me.  I had to ssh in and kill the process to get the system
back again.  CPU was at close to 100% - it might have eventually come out of
its state, but I didn't want to wait, as I was trying to get a rough mix
out fairly quickly.

It always seems to be the case that I find these bugs when I'm trying to
get something done on a schedule, and I can't make the types of notes or
do the methodical testing I want to.  I know it helps to have a detailed
description of a problem rather than just a report that something doesn't
work!

There's some jamin/jack issue that's haunting me as well that I need to
write up as well.  I'm seeing ports come and go in qjackctl's connection
window that only started to show up when I got into the automation phase
of things at mixdown.  Could be a coincidence, won't know until more detail's
collected.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com