[ardour-dev] Message to the developers

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Apr 5 18:27:18 PDT 2005

>I was just thinking about what you guys must be going through when you hit a
>bump as we have right now regarding saving and the unstable CVS at the
>moment. It must be damn hard and very frustrating; I admire your ability to

it is, but i wanted to pass on my current position on ardour's
status. there are two remaining bugs that, once fixed, will lead to a
new release. these are:

    * inability to save due to corrupted playlist names
    * MIDI binding problems

i only wish i knew how long these would take.

beta29 will become 0.99, perhaps with a couple of minor fix ups. the
gap between 0.99 and 1.0rc1 will be mostly down to translators,
template construction and possibly a post-install system tester
(unlikely).

meanwhile taybin has already started work on the 2.0 port ...

--p