[ardour-dev] selecting midi devices

vanDongen/Gilcher gml at xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 4 09:51:08 PDT 2005

On Sunday 03 April 2005 21:49, Geoff Beasley wrote:
> Thanks, I tried your idea of multiple Seq devices but I could only see one
> in JACK.

You misunderstood and/or I wasn't clear. I described an alternative to the
alsa-sequencer using multiple "Raw" devices. The raw devices you can find
in /dev/snd.

Multiple seq clients is something different, although you should be able to do
that too, I don't quite see why.
It is easy to connect any number of other sequencer clients to ardour in
qjackctl. Just like jack itself, alsa sequencer allows any-to-any connections
to made.

The other points was that having both an "seq" type interface and a "raw"
interface defined doesn't work well when more applications are trying to use
midi.

electronic & acoustic musics-- http://www.xs4all.nl/~gml