[ardour-dev] selecting midi devices

Geoff Beasley songshop at bizmedia.com.au
Sun Apr 3 01:53:00 PST 2005

Ahhhhh.. selecting midi i/o in ardour is very difficult. We have a C-Port
and Midiman 2x4 in each machine. Alsa mounts the C-Port as the primary audio
device and primary midi device.  The Midiman (usb) is the secondary device.
Question; how to get ardour.rc to effectively mount the 4 outputs of the
midiman...what /dev is it and how do you know ? Rosegarden can see them all,
why not ardour ? Very confusing. EVERYTHING else is really cooking at the
moment tho !! My session save problems seem to have stopped being a problem
now I'm not saving to a FAT32 partition !  Could this really have been the
issue ? I've had lots of strange behaviour with saving these last two days,
but now I'm fine using ext3.

Cheers