[ardour-dev] MMC News

Christopher K. George ckg at YaleSDA.org
Sat Apr 2 19:31:05 PST 2005

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 22:31:25 -0500, Paul Davis wrote
> >Not time now for extensive testing but:  I can bind anything I please.  Very
> >nice.  Problem:  When I bind controls and start using them much the ardour gui
> >starts to become unresponsive until it no longer responds at all.  Audio
>
> what MIDI h/w? I have used ardour with my hdsp and a trident
> audio+MIDI card, and never ever seen this. i've been doing lots of
> MIDI binding + MMC + MTC tests in the last few days. no sign of this
> behaviour. it does see vaguely possible that its h/w related.

I was a bit rushed and just wanted to get the news out that I was having
issues.  Wasn't able to look into it much at the time.  It appears that the
problem may not be directly related to MMC.  I'm having some problems with the
gtk interfacing freezing up under entirely different situations.  It doesn't
crash, it just doesn't respond.  I'm going to play with it some more this evening.

Hardware:  I'm also using the hdsp.  My control surface is the JLCooper
MCS3800.  One interesting thing that has happened is that the MCS seems to get
fuddle by data it is receiving from ardour.  It may be when a session is
loaded--not sure.  I know that the MCS has several emulations modes that can
be set via MIDI.  Does ardour send any setup data when it loads a session or
at any other time?

~ckg