[ardour-dev] Website

Dave Neuer mr_fred_smoothie at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 07:40:22 PST 2005

--- R Parker <rtp405 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Joe Hartley <jh at brainiac.com> wrote:
> > Holy f*cking sh*t - the website today made me spew
> > coffee all
> > over my keyboard here at work.  Good going, Paul!
>
> I've never believed in the Open Source development
> model anyway so I'm happy to see Ardour move towards
> model that really works. There's nothing like the
> American Capitalist business model for getting
> things
> done fair and right for everyone concerned.
>
> ron

Well not me! I hearby announce my intention to cease
all use of Ardour. As I also feel that other codebases
PBD has touched are now *tainted* -- and that even
hardware he recommends is suspect, I will be selling
my RME Multiface, ditching ALSA, and doing all my
recording work on linux with OSS drivers for my
intel8x0 chip, and the GNOME "sound recorder" utility.

I must now go work on my newest song, "the day the
Stallman cried" (working title only, suggestions
appreciated).

Dave