[ardour-dev] Re: [ardour-users] MTC & MMC ...

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Sep 21 11:26:43 PDT 2004

> >   I'm using Ardour 0.9beta19, so I figure I'd be fairly up-to-date to
> > try out the MTC control. I can set Ardour to slave to MTC, but it does
> > not respond. I checked my connections and verified that MTC is sent and
> > received by testing with MusE, which worked fine. I click on the play
> > button, Ardour waits as it should, but it seems to not notice the
> > incoming timecode with the same connections as are valid for MusE. Am I
> > behind the Ardour release curve for testing MTC ?

Ardour doesn't chase TC all by itself. Something needs to send it a
"Start" command (e.g. using MMC). Its arguable that it should have the
option of "chasing" any varying TC (i.e. once TC starts to move, we
just assume that the transport should start). I think I have that
right :) Please be more specific about how you set up Ardour as an MTC
slave in terms of Ardour's own options.

Slaving has some problems right now but they are not hard to solve,
they just require time spent close to a MTC source.

> >   Also, I'll be testing MMC with a Tascam TM-D1000 mixer. Please advise
> > if there are any particular functions the team wants tested. Also, if
> > anyone else has used a similar mixer, please let me know of any special
> > tips or tricks to try. TIA!

Ron Parker has used his DM24 with MMC to control Ardour. Seems to work
fine.

--p