[ardour-dev] Mantis Bug 655 - Crashing when opening a session for another Jack interface

Dan Harper tech at danharper.org
Sun Sep 5 16:30:22 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I've been trying to track down information on a bug that I'm being
bitten by constantly, and was wondering if anyone can confirm the latest
interesting info that I've found.

You can of course read the history of this bug here:
http://www.ardour.org/mantis/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000655
but, here is the latest.

It seems that if I create a session with Jack using my HDSP CardBus
interface, the session will open and close fine, no problems.  But, when
I open this same session with Jack using my internal Intel sound chip on
the laptop, Ardour will crash on opening the session, or it will open
without connecting some tracks to outputs and crashes on attempting to
re-connect them.

It seems that Jack gets upset here also, so it could actually be a Jack
bug, I'm not entirely sure yet.

Can anyone with a similar setup test this out and see if the problem can
be reproduced?  It would help out greatly.

Thanks,
Dan

--
Dan Harper