[ardour-dev] First successful test run

Ben Bell bjb-ardour-dev at deus.net
Sun Sep 5 10:08:14 PDT 2004

Well after dipping my toe in the water on and off over the last four years
I've finally taken Ardour for a successful (if rather minor) test run today,
recording a few tracks of external audio and a couple tracks of fluidsynth
output (using aseqnet to get midi into the currently midi-less studio machine,
no less :-)

It's been a long painful road getting here -- my dual GHz box I bought
especially for ardour a few years back just hasn't been able to deliver
stable jack performance but a new machine with demudi's kernel and a
non-ens1371 sound card I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

So a big thanks to Paul and everyone else involved. Hopefully from here
on I should be able to report bugs and experiences and maybe eventually
start contributing code/doc :-)

Ben

Setup: Sempron 2800, Asus A7N8X-E motherboard, 1GB RAM, 80GB Seagate
 Barracuda V, Radeon 7000; Behringer BCF2000 & Audiophile 2496 on the way;
 Demudi 2.4.25-multimedia-k7 kernel, ardour 0.9beta19, jack 0.98.10-5.

Things still causing problems: 2.6 kernels - xruns galore even with voluntary
 preempt. rosegarden4<->jack<->ardour integration -- midi timing all over the
 place with fluidsynth, jack.udp.

--
+-----Ben Bell - "A song, a perl script and the occasional silly sig.-----+
  ///      email: bjb at deus.net            www: http://www.deus.net/~bjb/