[ardour-dev] Re: fastest / leightweight Window Manager

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Sep 2 01:24:03 PDT 2004

Hallo,
andy hat gesagt: // andy wrote:

> On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 09:02:49 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > gf hat gesagt: // gf wrote:
> >
> >> Which window manager consumes minimal CPU and memory resources?
> >> Which one is the most advisable for working with low latency?
> >> I use KDE for its great functionality but it eats memory like crazy
> >
> > KDE is not a window manager.
>
> He didn't say it was.

I didn't say he did. ;P

Now seriously: as I wrote in another mail: the actual window manager
practically never is the cause for latency problems. Running huge
applications while having too little memory however can lead to xruns.
But those huge applications for sure aren't the window managers, so
just switching to another WM won't help.

Ciao