[ardour-dev] Ahhhh-dour....mmmmm

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Oct 25 15:28:59 PDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 08:15:27AM +1000, Geoff Beasley wrote:
> The more I use this the better I like it. I've got 22 tracks of Orch
>timbres and a summed stereo choir track and all is working great. I have
>noticed a few things tho that if they aren't there already I'd like to
>see. A way of destroying a take(s) at the end of a record pass, before
>going back to the session, like in samplitude. A way of group del/destroy
>waves in a session. And sometimes my keyboard short-cuts seem to stop

I think you can do shift+stop or something to cancel the current take.

>functioning. One more thing, it is great being able to move the play-head
>by just grabbing it with the cursor, but maybe the "grab"area around the
>playhead cursor could be increased. BTW, my screen redraws  are a bit
>sluggish.... any tips ? I am using a ATI graphics card, maybe an Nvidia
>would be better ?

The brand of graphics card doesnt make much difference, I think this is
due to the context switches your system is doing to run ardour under jack,
its better if you run at higher latencies or use an SMP system.

You could check your graphics card setup is optimal though, e.g. run 16bit
if you dont need 24 and make sure youre using all the right options.

- Steve