[ardour-dev] monitoring & punch-in

Fons Adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Sun Oct 17 12:27:06 PDT 2004

On Sun, Oct 17, 2004 at 10:54:06AM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

> >I have a track recorded and want to replace a few seconds of it by
> >a programmed punch-in/out. Before and after the new recorded region
> >I want to hear the existing track, and nothing while recording.
> >
> >How is this done ?

HI Paul,

> 1) make sure the loop/punch ruler is visible
> 2) click-n-drag in that ruler to define the range you want to punch
>       in/out
> 3) adjust the punch in/out markers by hand if necessary
> 4) rec-enable the track
> 5) engage the punch in+punch out buttons on the transport control
>     panel
> 6) enable record
> 7) press play
>
> ardour will punch in when the playhead reaches the punch in point and
> out at the punch out point.

That's exactly what I've done, and the punch in/out works fine.
Tne problem is that when the track is rec-enabled, monitoing switches
to the input signal (or just off), and I can't hear the parts of the
recorded track before and after the punch-in region. A bit difficult to
sync my playing with the recorded track this way... :-)

--
Fons