[ardour-dev] monitoring & punch-in

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Oct 17 07:54:06 PDT 2004

>Trying to do something that should be simple, but I can't find
>out how to do it:
>
>I have a track recorded and want to replace a few seconds of it by
>a programmed punch-in/out. Before and after the new recorded region
>I want to hear the existing track, and nothing while recording.
>
>How is this done ?

1) make sure the loop/punch ruler is visible
2) click-n-drag in that ruler to define the range you want to punch
      in/out
3) adjust the punch in/out markers by hand if necessary
4) rec-enable the track
5) engage the punch in+punch out buttons on the transport control
    panel
6) enable record
7) press play

ardour will punch in when the playhead reaches the punch in point and
out at the punch out point.

let me know if you have problems.