[ardour-dev] Fwd: [ardour-users] Problem with Gate Plugin & Ardour

Tom Szilagyi st444 at hszk.bme.hu
Thu Oct 14 11:30:35 PDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 04:21:07PM -0400, Jesse Chappell wrote:
> Scratch that, he mistyped it.  He's using 0.9beta19.  Carry on.
>
> jlc

Please see bug #586 in Mantis.

I think we agreed with Taybin that it's a liblrdf issue, he even wrote
that Steve has some kind of fix for it, but this was a while back
now...  The bug was caused by some taxonomy change of raptor (used by
liblrdf) which Steve didn't follow... or something along those lines.

This bug bites me twice since 1) it screws up my plugins drop-downs in
Ardour and 2) does the same in my own LADSPA-aware software called
Aqualung, which also uses liblrdf.

<laughing>

(Oh, the test program which I uploaded in mantis is screwed, don't use it)

Tom

> Jesse Chappell wrote on Wed, 13-Oct-2004:
>
>  > Ah, i missed the extremely old ardour version.  All bets are off.
>  > Iain, you're going to have to upgrade to the latest to get any
>  > support....
>  >
>  > Jesse Chappell wrote on Wed, 13-Oct-2004:
>  >
>  >  > Forwarded from ardour-users... looks like the rdf metadata problem
>  >  > strikes again...  either way, it's all steve harris' fault :)
>  >  >

Tom Szilagyi (Szilagyi Tamas) <st444 at hszk.bme.hu>
"Without deviation from the norm,
progress is not possible" -- Frank Zappa