[ardour-dev] Fwd: [ardour-users] fst configure error

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Oct 13 21:07:28 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 13:22, Paul Davis wrote:
> >What is the exact sequence of operations that leads to the crash?
>
> mantis bug 707.

I finally managed to view the reports in mantis :-)

But I don't think I can add a note now that it is "resolved" to clarify
what happened...

Apparently the problem was one of subtle library incompatibilities (ie:
no .so version change - or the package dependencies would have detected
that - but an older library was nevertheless triggering the segfault). I
don't know yet which library, and regretfully now that they were
upgraded we can't know what the older version was (I'm waiting to hear
from Josh as to which packages he installed last).

Probably impossible to avoid this in the future, except to recommend
more strongly to Planet CCRMA users to keep their system up to date.
This is complicated, of course, for users that don't have direct
connections to the Internet from their linux machines.

I could, for special cases, create specific version dependencies when
packaging but I can't do that casually, only for well known and specific
problems.

-- Fernando