[ardour-dev] Fwd: [ardour-users] fst configure error

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Oct 13 13:18:39 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 12:43, Josh Karnes wrote:
> Paul Davis wrote:
> > but yes, ardour is tricky to build and thats why we recommend that
> > people use a distribution that supports tools like apt to make
> > installation of this and other audio software more or less painless. i
> > use PlanetCCRMA for just this purpose. i don't have time to spend on
> > compiling and downloading dependencies for the tools i want to try
> > out, and it works excellently for me.
>
> Yes, that's exactly what I have been doing, with RPMs from planet CCRMA.
>
> I had the 0.9beta19 RPM binary from planet CCRMA and it crashed when trying to
> edit any plugin.

On which OS version (redhat/fedora/version number)? You mention you
didn't use apt, did you have to do "rpm --nodeps" for install ardour? Or
did you manually install all required dependencies?

What is the exact sequence of operations that leads to the crash?
-- Fernando