[ardour-dev] latest CVS commit

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Oct 12 10:39:35 PDT 2004

>Don't know what those problems are. I don't see
>Segfaults when exiting as reported by torbenh:

right, i wasn't seeing them either. but with different thread systems
(NPTL), and/or race conditions, anything was possible. this fix
involved significantly reimplementing how various threads got started,
communicated with, and shutdown. we no longer use pthread_cancel() for
anything except the (known-to-be-doing-nothing) "signal" thread.

i don't like doing this level of redesign at this stage of the game,
but what was there was just clearly wrong. my fault, of course.

> it also includes a significant fix to
>> make export work when
>>    sync'ed with JACK
>
>Seemed to work. New behaviour is playhead returning to
>beginning of selection range.

it tries to move back to wherever it was at the start of export. i may
have to tweak that, since i may get the position "too late".

>The problem I see with every export is xruns upon
>completion of export. This problem still exists.

continuing to look into this.

>What is a "silent" export?

where export works fine but the file is silent. this was happening
with sync-to-jack because JACK was telling ardour that the transport
system was stopped, so export ran without generating any audio :)

>OT issue:
>Merging differences between 1.6 and 1.7 into pt_BR.po

the .po files are always problematic. when in doubt, remove them (all)
and update again.

oh and ron, i expect to get MTC slaving working 100% by weeks end. i
will be at the studio on thursday and friday. i consider this the most
important major issue right now. the studio has a RADAR system now

will we see you on IRC again anytime
soon?

--p