[ardour-dev] latest CVS commit

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 10:29:13 PDT 2004

--- Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

>  * a major CVS commit that includes the first pass
> of changes
>    to fix some serious errors in the way ardour
> handles threads when
>    exiting.

Don't know what those problems are. I don't see
Segfaults when exiting as reported by torbenh:
session going away
exiting from disk butler thread
exiting from transport thread
exiting from feedback thread
exiting from peak file builder thread
stopping signal thread
Ardour is done. Come again. Have a nice day. Etc.

 it also includes a significant fix to
> make export work when
>    sync'ed with JACK

Seemed to work. New behaviour is playhead returning to
beginning of selection range.

The problem I see with every export is xruns upon
completion of export. This problem still exists.

>  * I'd appreciate some early testing feedback to
> confirm that things
>    still appear to work. No new functionality is
> present, just fixes
>    for crashes/hangs during exit and silent exported
> audio files.

What is a "silent" export?

OT issue:
Merging differences between 1.6 and 1.7 into pt_BR.po
rcsmerge: warning: conflicts during merge
cvs server: conflicts found in
libs/gtkmmext/po/pt_BR.po
C libs/gtkmmext/po/pt_BR.po
cvs server: warning: cannot write to history file
/home/las/cvsroot/ardour/CVSROOT/history: Permission
denied
RCS file:
/home/las/cvsroot/ardour/ardour/libs/gtkmmext/po/ru.po,v
retrieving revision 1.8
retrieving revision 1.9
Merging differences between 1.8 and 1.9 into ru.po
rcsmerge: warning: conflicts during merge
cvs server: conflicts found in libs/gtkmmext/po/ru.po
C libs/gtkmmext/po/ru.po

ron