[ardour-dev] time/position/value helper missing

Andrew Gaydenko a at etver.com
Tue Oct 12 01:54:36 PDT 2004

It seems the problem has gone this unexpected way (I'm not sure the info
below is valuable for ardour development):

1. glibc was updated from 2.3.4.20040808 shot up to 2.3.4.20041006,

2. already reported basename.cc compiling error returned (earlier this
   problem was reported and "resolved" with glibc downgrading),

3. libs/pbd/basename.cc:6 was modified this way (I don't understand this):

      basename (const char *path) throw ()

  and the app (11 october cvs snapshort) was successfully compiled.

4. verbose cursor text is visible now.

gcc-3.3.4-r2 (gentoo) is under using.

Andrew

======= On Monday 11 October 2004 17:34, you wrote: =======
>I remember well, while selecting region or moving automation dot or moving
>play/edit head or during some other operation, current-time/position/value info
>arised near mouse cursor in sync with mouse moving. Now I see nothing.

apparently, the font used for the "verbose cursor" isn't available
with your X server configuration. alas, it is hard-coded into ardour
at present:

   "-*-lucida-medium-r-*-*-*-240-*-*-*-*-*-*"

if you make it available, things will work as expected. i believe.

--p