[ardour-dev] CVS on RH9/CCRMA

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 13:44:01 PST 2004

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:54:30 -0600, Jan Depner <eviltwin69 at cableone.net> wrote:
> Geoff,
>
>    The main thing to do is make sure you have all of the prerequisites.
> After that it's not too bad.  When you do the ./configure make sure that
> you use --prefix=/usr since CCRMA puts everything there and you'll want
> to replace it with the latest.  If you have trouble just shout and some
> one will help you out.
>
> Jan

Good inputs. Also, right now the CVS tarballs seem to have a problem
installing on some systems. Ardour requires automake >- 1.7. If I have
a newer version then on some systems (Gentoo) and can do

WANT_AUTOMAKE=1.7 ./autogen.sh

and everything works fine from there. However on my FC2/Planet setup
this doesn't work. (I still recommend doing it anyway.) On that system
I have to manually copy mkinstalldirs to a few directories by hand to
actually get it to install. After that it works fine.

My current preference for the configure step is

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-vst --disable-ksi

- Mark