[ardour-dev] build from last evening's tarball fails

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 14:27:43 PST 2004

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 14:12:31 -0800 (PST), R Parker <rtp405 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > flash Ardour-cvs-20041108 $ su -
> > Password:
> > flash root # emerge -pv automake
> >
> > These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
> >
> > Calculating dependencies ...done!
> > [ebuild   R   ] sys-devel/automake-1.8.5-r1
> > (-uclibc) 2,557 kB
>
> I guess if you install that, you'll be good to go.

Actually it is already installed. The [ebuild   R] part is Gentoo
shorthand for showing the emerge would 'Replace' the existing version.

<SNIP>

> If there's a need I can always link the older version.
> I guess it would be wise to be a bit careful and
> remember what you've done.

I am never as careful as I should be and seldom remember anything. I
take terrible notes, and mostly when I do take notes I lose them by
the time I need them again.

I did just get a nice desk to mix on though, so even though I'll
probably forget why I'm sitting there I'll enjoy looking at the
furniture while I wonder! ;-)

- Mark