[ardour-dev] cvs commit

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon May 10 20:18:50 PDT 2004

>I'm saying that a file is just input.  It could have been mangled by
>the user, a script, the filesystem, or some hacker who knows you're
>running ardour as root.  It is *not* "more reliable" than UI input.

its an almost impossible task to decide on the correctness of the
state file. there are more or less cyclic dependencies in it, as well
as references to external state that may or may not be valid.

i imagine (hope?) that over time, people will add more and more checks
on issues in these files, but its an insurmountable task for any one
programmer to do as a single task.

--p