[ardour-dev] cvs commit

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon May 10 16:18:21 PDT 2004

>This is what happens when I try to add GVerb to a 2 in/2 out track:

   [ ... ]

>I get no dialog just a segfault.  Also, if I try to load an old session
>where I have a plugin like GVerb assigned to a 2 in/ 2out track it
>"Aborts".  Is this version lagged?

no, its just SNAFU'ed :)

i understand the problem here. we have changed the rules. but we don't
check the session state file to enforce the new rules. we make the
(somewhat reasonable) assumption that if the state file says "use this
plugin", then it was being used before and it will work again.

but i changed the rule so that you cannot "throwaway" data streams in
a route, and this invalidates your old session's use of gverb on a
2in/2out track.

there are few things i could do here. the most obvious would be to add
a check on this situation and reject it. let me know if you have other
ideas/proposals ...