[ardour-dev] latest CVS commit / Old plugin states

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Thu May 6 14:11:41 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 06:01, Paul Davis wrote:
>    * attempts to formalize plugin replication logic
>    * allow use of old session files with <Ladspa> for plugin state

<Ladspa...> Doesn't work yet. As far as I know, insert.cc was fixed, so
that it will type "<Ladspa" tags as PluginInfo::LADSPA, but this doesn't
help loading the plugin setup.

I traced the plugin loading code to ladspa_plugin.cc and found a check,
where the name of the XML element is compared to a macro -like function
state_node_name(). I added the function state_node_name_old(), and added
a check for it into LadspaPlugin::insert_state

The patch is attached. I hope this is enough to get old plugin states
working correctly. I didn't have time to try it (it's past my bedtime
here in Finland ;) ), but it compiles ok, and the patch is a whopping
total of two lines.

btw. Loading large old sessions wrecks havoc to my system. The error
messages from missing automation files are created as popups. When
Ardour tries to open hundreds of them, my system almost freezes. It
would be nice that Ardour would keep tabs on these windows, and after,
say, 5-10 of them, it would say: 'more follows...'. Or, use the
'debug/error window'.

  Sampo