[ardour-dev] Re: [ardour-users] Recording volume problem

Ross Vandegrift ross at willow.seitz.com
Tue Mar 23 07:05:26 PST 2004

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 08:41:17AM -0600, Geoffrey Wossum wrote:
> There also seemed to be a very slight delay between the two streams I was
> hearing, which is why I think it was two streams being played rather than it

I'll have to listen tonight for a second delayed stream - I definitely
didn't hear this last night.

> One other thing I noticed that may be important.  Previous to trying this
> version, I only heard input channels when I had their record status enabled.
> But now I hear all input channels, all the time, regardless of their record
> enable state!

In the version I'm using 0.9beta9.1, you still need to have a track
rec-enabled to hear it via software monitoring and for Ardour to meter
it.  I seem to recall a CVS update a few weeks ago that changed this and
enabled the behaviour you're seeing.  But I'm still on the older
release.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.