[ardour-dev] impending feature freeze

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Thu Mar 18 14:13:50 PST 2004

Paul,

	Sorry to post this but I'm Mantis challenged (among other things).
Another user mentioned something to me the other day that I thought
might be handy.  It may also already be a feature that I don't know how
to use.  It would be very nice if there were some way to view the
balance settings when you slide the pan/balance puck in the mixer
strip.  This may not be feasible but I thought I'd mention it.

	On an unrelated note I've been having some strange things happening
with 0.9beta11.2.  I've got a very simple mix with 7 tracks and a master
bus.  When I'm just playing I have CPU in the 50 to 70 percent range.
If I drag the playhead or try to move a region I usually get a bunch of
xruns (sometimes to the point of shutting down Ardour).  If I am
recording a track (with or without plugins enabled) I get CPU values in
the 2 to 4 percent range.  I get the same thing if I run Ardour out to
JAMin and back into Ardour.  When I stop recording it jumps back up to
50 to 70 percent.  This is driving me nuts but I have no idea what's
going on.  jackd 0.94.4.

Jan