[ardour-dev] gtkpixscrollbar

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Mar 9 15:31:54 PST 2004

>So, I should call:
>
>		 gtk_pixscrollbar_new	(GdkPixmap *floater,
>					 GdkBitmap *floater_mask,
>					 GdkPixmap *background,
>					 GdkBitmap *background_mask,
>					 GtkAdjustment *adjustment,
>					 int           do_reset);
>

>I'm confused about how to define the floater, floater_mask, background,
>background_mask.

when you create a pixmap from XPM data (or an XPM file) you get two
data structures, the pixmap and a bitmap (1 bit pixmap). the bitmap is
the "mask". so, to create a custom scrollbar, get the XPM data (or
some other image format that can be used to create a pixmap), create
the pixmap for the floater (the "knob") and the background, then pass
in both pixmaps and bitmaps.

clear?

--p

ps. this comes from gdam. you may want to check on their GTK+2 port,
    if any.