[ardour-dev] Install problems

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Jun 16 05:53:39 PDT 2004

>This is on Debian Sid (I updated everything with apt just before
>building).  An issue with automake/autoconf tools?  This is what I am using:
>
>automake: 1.8.5
>autoconf: 2.59

yes, its an autofoo issue. they get tiresome. the developers of the
autofoo stuff seem quite blind to the increasing numbers of
"non-developers" who are building projects from CVS. they repeatedly
break things that worked with previous versions and really don't seem
to care too much about it.

at some point before 1.0, we will add configure scripts to CVS so that
you can use CVS without needing to use the autotools. for now, all i
can say is that i am using automake 1.7.8 and autoconf 2.57.

--p