[ardour-dev] latest CVS commit

gerard van dongen gml at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 20 08:35:40 PDT 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:04:40 -0400, Jesse Chappell <lists at essej.net> wrote:

> I believe we still might have issues due to the hard-coded assumption
> that
> Meta is Mod2, which on some silly systems is numlock, causing all sorts
> of confusion.
> So what we term Meta should really be configurable by the user....
>
> jlc

Yes, not to mention that ardour now tries to use all modifier keys
(shift,control,alt and meta) which gives problems if you like to have
keyboard shotcuts for your window-manager.

I have assigned meta-L to Mod2 and meta-R to mod3, and configured my
windowmanager to use mod3, but now xemacs complains that meta supplies
both mod2 and mod3. Another case of hardcoded keybindings acting up with a
xmodmap configuration.