[ardour-dev] ardour-0.9beta10 released

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Mon Feb 16 04:57:19 PST 2004

Paul,

Using gcc 2.96:

audiofilter.cc: In method `int ARDOUR::AudioFilter::make_new_sources
(ARDOUR::AudioRegion &, vector<ARDOUR::Source *,
allocator<ARDOUR::Source *> > &)':
audiofilter.cc:53: `errno' undeclared (first use this function)
audiofilter.cc:53: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
for each function it appears in.)
make[4]: *** [audiofilter.lo] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/data2/sound/ardour-0.9beta10/libs/ardour'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/data2/sound/ardour-0.9beta10/libs/ardour'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/data2/sound/ardour-0.9beta10/libs/ardour'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/data2/sound/ardour-0.9beta10/libs'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Added #include <cerrno> to audiofilter.cc to fix.

normalize.cc: In method `int ARDOUR::Normalize::run
(ARDOUR::AudioRegion &)':
normalize.cc:84: no matching function for call to `max (Sample &,
double)'
make[4]: *** [normalize.lo] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/data2/sound/ardour-0.9beta10/libs/ardour'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/data2/sound/ardour-0.9beta10/libs/ardour'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/data2/sound/ardour-0.9beta10/libs/ardour'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/data2/sound/ardour-0.9beta10/libs'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I typecast to double to fix this - I'm sure that's not the correct fix
though  :D   Finished compiling/installing and it is working fine.  I
really like the "editor mixer" button.

	Another problem that has been cropping up for me (not specific to this
release) - if I work on a session for a while, save it, and reopen it I
sometimes get a system lockup (complete, requiring pushing the little
blue button of death).  Through patient research (TM, pat. pending -
also known as a WAG :D) I have found that if I remove all of the
crossfade lines from the .ardour file this goes away.  I have no idea
what the crossfade stuff is doing but there is no apparent effect on the
audio.

Jan