[ardour-dev] latest CVS commit

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Dec 6 04:33:18 PST 2004

   * add new "mtc_qtr" signal to libmidi++, emitted every time
      an MTC quarter frame message is received.

   * redesign MTC slaving to sample apparent master speed
      from the process callback, rather than set it
      from the MIDI signal handlers.

   * attempt to use jack_client_open(), if its available.

   * alter --jack-client-name argument to be just --name, in
      keeping with some other JACK clients.

   * libmidi++: 1.14.0
     libardour: 0.845.0
     ardour/gtk: 0.541.0

Note: CVS updaters will need to use "sh ./autogen.sh" at the top level
because 2 configure.ac files have been modified.

The new MTC slaving code will likely only work well for people using
my most recent patches for JACK. They also remove a fix that was added
for the totally broken DM24 timecode signal. Its possible that this
fix is no longer needed anymore, but we'll have to give it a quick
check to find out. We are trying to get a new release out for JACK
ASAP, but there are still some issues with the frame timer that need
to be resolved.

This is mostly just a commit to push work I am doing and don't want
lost.

--p