[ardour-dev] Controlling Ardour with Shuttle Xpress

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Apr 15 01:16:48 PDT 2004

Hallo,
Steve Harris hat gesagt: // Steve Harris wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 10:21:42 +0300, Sampo Savolainen wrote:
> > I'm trying to figure out the midi commands to send, I know how to
> > stop/play, locate
> >
> > Stop:   F0 7F 7F 06 01 F7
> > Play:   F0 7F 7F 06 03 F7
> > Locate: F0 7F 7F 06 44 06 01 hr mn sc fr ff F7
>
> I'm probably missing something obvious, but it seems like jack
> transport would be better for that stuff?

It already is possible, at least for testing purposes, to use Pd's
linuxevent object to read the Shuttle's data, and convert it to midi.
I didn't try this yet, because my Shuttle doesn't like my stationary
PC, only my laptop, where no Ardour is installed.

> But not these. If it were any other app, I'd be suggesting OSC at this
> point, but frankly ardour has enough problems as it is :)

Pd also can generate OSC, and send that to Rohan's jack.clock
OSC->Transport converter and you have a Shuttle Xpress transport
wheel.

So many things to try, so little time...

Ciao