[Ardour-Users] ardour.org IRC channel is moving

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu May 27 11:03:48 PDT 2021

Due to a series of events within the Freenode organization that ran the IRC
servers used for the #ardour channel, we are moving the channel to the
libera.chat IRC network instead.

If you use an IRC client, then point it at irc.libera.chat:6697and connect
to the #ardour channel there. There is a bridge between Matrix and IRC that
can also be used.

We have also set up a redirect https://ardour.org/chat that will always
point to the current “chat” system in use (even if that were to change
entirely). You can click on this in any web browser.

We are leaving the #ardour channel on Freenode in place for the time being,
because it is directly referenced by Ardour releases before 6.7. But please
be aware that the channel will only be lightly monitored in the future.