[Ardour-Users] Alternative income source?

Wayne DePrince Jr. waynedpj at ingiro.xyz
Tue May 4 09:54:19 PDT 2021

On Tue, 2021-05-04 at 10:32 -0600, Paul Davis wrote:

> On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 8:40 AM Thomas Mulot <thomas at zankapfel.org>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >

> > While you're at it: Have you taken a look at liberapay? They are a
> > french
> >
> > nonprofit that seems made for free software projects. For me, they
> > have the
> >
> > great advantage that they are able to simply charge a european bank
> > account
> >
> > via direct debit - no need for a paypal account or a credit card.
>
> As has been mentioned when this comes up on the forums, this would
> require a significant formalization of financial structure, because
> as a US resident (and citizen) it is extremely complex for me to have
> a bank account in an EU country. Therefore using liberapay or any
> other similar system that uses the EU interbank transfer system would
> require designating someone else as the account holder. This is far
> from out of the question, but would represent a big change in how
> things work.

while as a dual citizen i understand that getting an EU bank account as
a US citizen can be difficult, these days there are some multi-currency
https://wise.com/us/multi-currency-account/ .  one account gives US
citizens an EU bank account with all the SWIFT/IBAN/BIC/etc. codes
necessary to do business in EU, as well as in other jurisdictions
https://wise.com/us/multi-currency-account/#coverage-bankdetails  .  an
d the funds are easily transferable to a US bank account as an
exchange, which also beats most other options.  of course i know that
for Ardour it is more difficult, so please take this as just an FYI
from someone who has dealt with these cross border payment issues.

another obvious option is cryptocurrency though that has its own
complexities ;)

peace, w