[Ardour-Users] Ardour Windows uses JACK or not?

James Harkins jamshark70 at zoho.com
Thu May 7 17:41:10 PDT 2020

Quick question --

Does Ardour in Windows use JackRouter?

I'm guessing probably yes (or perhaps "it uses JACK but not specifically JackRouter"), but I can't find anywhere on the website that confirms yes or no.

The reason why I need to know is: JackRouter 64-bit is known to break SuperCollider in Windows, with the only fix being to uninstall it and manually edit the registry to remove JackRouter keys.

I typically use Linux, but I'm now for a variety of reasons forced to do some work in Windows. ("Forced" is a deliberate choice of word.)

If Ardour uses JackRouter, then I would need to install the 32-bit version.

So I wanted to ask before downloading.

Thanks,
hjh